Top-of-the-line, eight channel amplification for custom installation and distributed audio systems. Outfitted with the latest high-efficiency switching technology, the component is smaller and lighter, while maintaining low distortion and impedance, even with long wire runs.
RELIABLE, FLEXIBLE, EASY
Reliability, flexibility, and ease of installation of the CI 980 is unsurpassed. Its design is space-efficient and will fit into standard racking units with rack ears and Phoenix speaker connection blocks. The amplifier is fully protected from short circuit and overheating, and automatically restores operation after a condition is rectified. The CI 980 is incredibly flexible, with selectable local or global inputs and the ability to bridge channels to create a single high-power channel.
EFFICIENT WITH LOW NOISE AND DISTORTION
Choose between a DC trigger or a signal-sensing turn on with auto shut-off to make integration easy. The signal sensing circuit employs a sophisticated music sensing circuit to prevent the false triggers common with noisy source components or other types of interference noise like RF leakage or ground loops.
FEATURES & DETAILS
- Eight channels of clean, low distortion power set up in four stereo zone configuration
- 50 W x 8 @ 8 Ohms; 60W x 8 @ 4 Ohms; 120W @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode
- Universal voltage to accommodate marine or avionics installations
- Compact 2U rack height with rack ears
- Phoenix speaker connection blocks
- Detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades
- Indicator lamps for each zone that show protection status and amplifier clipping
- <0.5 W standby consumption
- <0.03% THD; <0.04% IMD (SMPTE, CCIR)
- >86dBA referenced to 1W