The PM6006 is an upgraded successor of the multi-award-winning PM6005. Of course, we have retained the pre-amp and power-amp sections that exclusively feature discrete components – not a single IC in sight of the signal path.
The PM6006 is upgraded for peak current at the amplifier stage, which makes it possible to refine the sound for you in much more detail. You can connect this superb integrated amplifier directly to a vast range of digital sources and use its superior 24bit/192kHz high current CS4398 DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment with new media.
Furthermore, the unit includes now 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs (an additional optical input from the predecessor, PM6005). And the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analogue signal. And of course all of the original features - such as five-line audio input including phono, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring, and a remote handset - are all still there.
The lower impedance shielded Toroidal transformer, as well as customised components and unique Marantz HDAM modules care for powerful, dynamic and detailed original Marantz sound. In short, the new PM6006 is a new star with excellent genes.
- Design: Dedicated stereo amp with built-in DAC
- Power Output: 2 x 45 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms (20Hz-20kHz)
- 2 x 60 Watts @ 4Ω (20Hz-20kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0008%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 70 kHz (+0dB, -1dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84dB (Phono)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 102dB (Line in)
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analogue converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as network music players or CD players
- Power Supply: High-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- HDAM: Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- Tone Controls: Front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- Source Direct Mode: Bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- Headphone Amp: Built-in headphone amplifier
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial digital audio input
- Line Inputs: 4 pr. L+R stereo RCA audio inputs
- Line Output: 1 pr. L+R stereo RCA audio output
- Turntable Input: Separate phono input for a turntable with MM cartridge
- Headphone Jack: Full size 6.5mm on front panel
- Speakers: Front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire Capability: Yes
- Speaker Terminals: Binding posts will accept banana plugs or bare wire
- IR flasher and remote control inputs