First introduced in 1985, the Forte quickly established itself as the most popular Klipsch model. The elegant design and outstanding performance made the Forte a standout among its competitors. In 2017, Klipsch re-introduced the Forte as part of the Heritage speaker series. The new Forte III features updated cosmetics and the latest advancements in acoustic engineering while maintaining the original charisma that made the Forte so popular.
- High efficiency, full range loudspeaker
- Designed and made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- 15" Passive Radiator for full range performance
- Book-Match wood veneer sold as grain-matched pairs
- Highly durable
HIGH EFFICIENCY, HIGH PERFORMANCE LOUDSPEAKER
The Forte III hosts a three-way design utilizing a 12” woofer and horn-loaded midrange and tweeter. The new Forte III utilizes all new state of the art drivers including midrange and tweeter titanium compression drivers for a smooth and powerful response. The Forte III’s new midrange horn utilizes patented technology to improve coverage and control of the key mid-frequency band.
PASSIVE RADIATOR YIELDS FULL RANGE PERFORMANCE
In the back of the cabinet the Forte III has a secret. The Forte III’s well-extended bass is found in the use of a rear-mounted passive radiator. A mammoth 15” (38 cm) in size, this sub-bass radiator operates on acoustic pressure generated by the woofer for greater bass output and extension.
BOOK-MATCHED WOOD VENEER
Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint — like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker an aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer.
Each pair of Heritage series loudspeakers is grain-matched, using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory, and each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that your Heritage series speaker leaves the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
- designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with passive radiator
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- woofer: 12" fiber-composite cone
- 15" passive bass radiator reinforces low-frequency output
- real wood veneer finish
- includes removable cloth grille
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts (bi-amp and bi-wire capable)
- 16-1/2"W x 36"H x 13"D
- weight: 72 lbs.