Musical Fidelity Pre - Power Bundle-M6 Pre Amp + M8-700m Mono Power Amp Pair
The M6 PRE is effectively a preamp without limits. Its wide range of inputs, coupled with superlative performance, mean it can form the heart of almost any system, regardless of price.
It's a pure Class A design capable of driving any power amplifier, over any length of cable. It itself is easy to feed, making it even more flexible.
The M6 PRE has an array of inputs suited to both traditional and modern music sources. It has an MM/MC phono stage, two balanced inputs, three line-level connections, a fully configured tape in/out loop and a digital USB socket.
There are home theatre bypass options on both balanced and line-level inputs.
Performance is stunning. The M6 PRE sounds sweet, clear and fast, with tight, extended bass. No wonder that in his Hi-Fi+ review of the M6 range, Alan Sircom praised the M6 PRE for being "both excellent and excellent value for money."
M8-700M Power Amps
The new M8-700m monobloc power amp is fully balanced, and offers a staggering 700 watts per monobloc, with stellar sound quality and technical performance.
The M8-700m has extremely low distortion, typically 0.001% at 1 kHz. At 20 kHz distortion is still below 0.005%. Distortion at 50 kHz (a ridiculous and unreasonable measurement, but revealing of the total amplifier performance nonetheless) is 0.02%. At 100 kHz, it is about 0.06%. These extraordinary measurements, and the extremely low high-frequency distortion, are highly significant sonically.
The noise ratio of the M8-700m is extremely low at -120 dB A-weighted.
The M8-700m has huge power reserves, producing 700 watts RMS into 8 ohms and just on 1300 watts into 4 ohms. It is an absolute powerhouse.
The power, low distortion and the extremely low noise contribute to its fabulous, effortless sound.
Sound quality and design
The M8-700m is extremely powerful and dynamic. The sound is sweet, clear and uncoloured. Dynamics are massive and are delivered with instantaneous speed, both starting and stopping.
The M8-700m sound stage is huge, wide and deep. It creates large amounts of air and space, and is holographic in its presentation.
Similar in size and design package to the M6 500i, the M8-700m offers a compelling combination of fully balanced circuitry, extraordinary technical performance, exquisite sound, intelligent packaging and value for money makes a compelling case.
M8-700m In Brief
- Fully balanced, monster power 700W per monobloc
- Staggering technical performance
- Huge peak current delivery
- Incredible load driving ability, will drive any loudspeaker with any cable
- Excellent design, he-man build quality
M6PRE - Specifications
- THD(+ noise) - single ended: <0.005%
- THD(+ noise) - XLR Balanced: <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >96dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 10Hz to 80 kHz
- 1x MM/MC RCA / Phono
- 2x XLR Balanced Line Level
- 4x RCA / Phono Line Level
- USB type ‘B’ connector for computer/PDA
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 126 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 11.4 kg/16 kg
M8-700M - Specifications
- Power output: 700 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (28 dBW)
- THD(+ noise): <0.005% typical
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >120dB
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 10Hz to 80kHz
- 2x RCA Phono Line Level
- 1x Line level XLR Balanced
- 1x Trigger input 3.5mm (1/8”) mono jack ±4.5 to ±15V DC
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 160 x 460
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 30 kg / 35.5 kg