Say hello to Musical Fidelity's new kid on the block, the M5si. Sitting between the excellent M3si and the world class M6si - the The M5si is a take-no-prisoners, lets get serious about this music play-back business, high end amplifier with oodles of power to spare.
How much power you ask?
How's a true 150w per channel at 8 ohms.
Of course 150 is just a number and bigger is certainly NOT always better - BUT it does give the M5si the flexibility to drive virtually any loudspeaker on the market today with ease. Certainly no bad thing if you're planning an upgrade of loud speakers in the future.
Key features include
> Amplification power of 150w per channel into 8 Ohms.
> Excellent technical performance
> Preamp output
> Unconditional stability, means it will easily drive a huge range of loudspeakers
> Wide range of useful inputs including asynchronous USB and MM phono
> Superior build quality that will stand the test of time
- Power output: 150 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- THD (+ noise):
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100dB ‘A’ - weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- 4x Line Level RCA
- 1x USB type ‘B’ connector - asynchronous data stream at up to 24-bit/96kHz
- 1 x MM phono input
- Trigger in
- Sensitivity: 3mV nominal (MM)
- Signal / noise ratio: >70dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance: 50k Ohms (MM)
- Frequency response: RIAA/IEC ±0.5dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Trigger out
- Fixed, line level output
- Variable, preamp output
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 100 x 405
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 14.6 kg/ 18.8 k