Tomorrow’s hi-fi, today. With Evo 150, Cambridge Audio have brought your audio past and present into the future. With outstanding Hypex NCore Class D amplification and our class-leading StreamMagic music streaming platform on board, all you need to do is add speakers to enjoy superb high-resolution audio quality from one elegant, discreet box. Thanks to its suite of digital and analogue inputs, as well as its high-quality digital-to-analogue convertor, Evo can be the heart of your hi-fi system for years to come.
• Cambridge Audio’s flagship streaming system
• Simplicity meets performance - your complete audio solution in a single box
• Simple to use, thrilling to listen to
• Stunning sound - the pure essence of over 50 years of hi-fi know-how
• Delivers 150W of power into 8 Ohm speakers using Class-D Hypex Ncore® amplification
• Perfected to work with the widest range of speakers available
• Speaker A/B terminals for driving two pairs of speakers simultaneously
• Compatible with every format, from vinyl to digital streaming and everything in between
• Numerous digital and analogue inputs including HDMI ARC for TV audio for wide-ranging system possibilities
• ESS Sabre ES9018K2M 32bit high-resolution DAC for incredible digital audio reproduction
• Optimised to bring the most from your favourite streaming services
• Premium materials and timeless design with choice of side panels included
• Control in the palm of your hand, thanks to the dedicated StreamMagic app for iOS and Android
• Airplay 2, Chromecast built-in, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz, Roon Ready
• Supports ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x256), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC AAC+, OGG Vorbis digital audio formats
• aptX HD Bluetooth provides wireless, high-definition music streaming with flawless transmission
• Compatible with Bluetooth headphones, or wired cans via the 3.5mm headphone output
• High-resolution fascia display shows track info and sampling rate, with album artwork in full colour
• Network Standby mode allows the EVO to be turned on from the Cambridge Connect app
• Presented in Cambridge Audio's timeless floating design
All-in-one simplicity – just add speakers
Combining streaming smarts and high-class amplification in one box means Evo only needs wiring to mains power and to speakers to serve up thrilling sound quality. Streaming music with Evo means saying goodbye to metres of connection cables, and hello to intuitive, straightforward functionality in one sleek, good-looking box. Simply fire up your favourite music streaming service and connect to Evo using the app, Bluetooth or Evo’s built-in streaming service support. Pick a tune, press play and adjust the volume to your taste.
Connectivity to suit your needs
If you're not offended by cables, thanks to its suite of digital and analogue inputs, Evo is ready for you to add your favourite sources and build a wider system. Even video sources can join in - just connect your TV’s HDMI ARC output to Evo’s ARC input. Balanced XLR and unbalanced audio inputs mean you can connect your favourite analogue source device. Also unique to the Evo 150 is a built-in moving magnet (MM) phono stage, allowing you to connect a turntable that doesn't have an internal preamp. No matter where your music’s coming from, Evo will make it sound its best.
High-quality hi-fi sound
The Evo 150 uses revolutionary Hypex NCore Class D amplification rated at 150 watts per channel. Until Hypex NCore changed the game, Class D amplification was only about compactness and electrical efficiency - but Hypex NCore also offers obvious superiority where clarity, resolution and outright musicality are concerned. It’s a big part of what makes Evo such an enjoyable and convincing listen.
The Evo 150 is even powerful enough to drive two sets of speakers with no problem. Connect a second pair of loudspeakers to the Speaker B terminals, and enjoy the same thrilling sound in a second room.
The convenience of music streaming is obvious - but unless it sounds great, what’s the point? The StreamMagic app offers comprehensive control of the entire Evo system, plus access to the world’s most popular and highest-quality music streaming services. It’s clear, logical and stable - so Evo will do precisely what you want it to, rapidly and accurately, from wherever you are in your home. Of course, you might prefer the app of your favourite music streaming service - if that’s your preference, no problem. Evo will be just as responsive to your inputs and commands.
Cambridge Audio's in-house engineers designed StreamMagic to be the best-sounding streaming platform around - and 10 years into its development, that’s exactly what it is. StreamMagic is constantly evolving to accept new formats and services, which means it should always be the perfect way to stream digital music.
Highest available quality for every service
It doesn’t matter how you access your digital audio files - the latest generation of the award-winning StreamMagic platform makes them sound better than ever. Every current format, from Roon to MQA-powered TIDAL Masters, Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast and Qobuz, is catered for. And StreamMagic is ready to adapt to whatever the future may bring too.
Evo is intuitive and straightforward to operate, no matter if you’re using its full-function remote control, its simple and elegant control app, or the physical controls and big, bright, detailed display on its fascia.
Bluetooth convenience. HD sound quality
Nothing’s easier or simpler than streaming via Bluetooth. Evo takes it to the max by using aptX HD Bluetooth - which is wireless, high-definition music streaming with flawless transmission and incredibly realistic, convincing sound. Evo delivers all the wireless convenience you want, with none of the sonic compromises.
Free your headphones
As well as featuring a 3.5mm output for headphones, Evo is also a Bluetooth transmitter - so if you’d rather do your private listening on wireless headphones, Evo has you covered.
A Design Rooted in Heritage
Just 305mm wide, Evo will sit neatly wherever you need it to. But thanks to its beautiful design and all-around good looks, it really deserves centre-stage.
Cambridge Audio's story started with the iconic P40 amplifier. So, using the P40’s wood trim as inspiration, the EVO 150 incorporates beautiful, tactile walnut side panels into its elegant design. Evo’s use of premium materials includes a choice of side panels, designed to accentuate the timeless simplicity of Evo’s design and compliment your lifestyle.
150W into 8 Ohms
Class-D Hypex Ncore®
ESS Sabre ES9018K2M
20Hz – 20kHz +0/-3dB
ANALOGUE AUDIO INPUTS
1 x RCA, 1 x balanced XLR, 1 x Moving Magnet Phonostage
DIGITAL AUDIO INPUTS
2 x TOSLINK optical, 1 x S/PDIF coaxial, 1 x TV ARC
USB AUDIO INPUT
USB Type B conforming to USB Audio Class 1 or USB Audio Class 2 (user selectable)
4.2 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC, aptX and aptX HD codecs
TOSLINK optical: 16/24bit 32-96kHz PCM only S/PDIF coaxial: 16/24bit 32-192kHz PCM only USB Audio Class 1: Up to 24-bit 96kHz (asynchronous) USB Audio Class 2: Up to 32-bit 384kHz (asynchronous) and up to DSD 256 Bluetooth: 4.2 A2DP/AVRCP supporting up to aptX HD (24bit 48kHz) UPnP, Local USB media, Airplay 2, Chromecast built-in, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz, Roon Ready.
ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x256), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC AAC+, OGG Vorbis
Speakers A+B, 3.5mm headphone, Preamp Output, Subwoofer Output, Bluetooth: 4.2 A2DP/AVRCP supporting up to aptX HD
IEEE 802.3, 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
Dual Band 2.4/5gHz
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION
STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION
DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
317 x 89 x 352mm
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
Evo 150 All-in-One player, Quick Start Guide, Safety Guide, Mains Lead, Remote Control, 2 x AAA Batteries, Customisable Side Panels x 2