The largest speaker in the new 600 Series delivers outstanding power, accuracy and musicality. The floorstander features the new Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, an FST™ midrange driver and new Dual Layer aluminium bass drivers. The result is a loudspeaker ideal for both high-performance stereo and surround sound applications even in larger rooms, delivering serious performance and amazing value.
Serious and accurate bass performance is vital to such a room-filling speaker. That’s why the 683 features an all-new bass driver unit technology: its Dual Layer aluminium drive units are reinforced around their periphery with a second layer of aluminium. The result is a more effectively damped cone with a higher break-up frequency for a richer, distortion-free bass response. The 683 also boasts a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter and an FST Kevlar® midrange unit. Serious technology, serious performance, but seriously affordable for a speaker of this calibre.
- 3-Way Floor Standing Speaker
- 1 x 25mm ∅ (1") aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1 x 150mm ∅ (6") woven Kevlar® cone
- FST midrange 2 x 165mm ∅ (6.5") Aluminium cone bass
- Sensitivity: 89dB spl (2.83v/1 metre)
- Frequency Response: 52Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Frequency Range: -6dB @ 30Hz and 50kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 400Hz, 4kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 3.0 ohms)
- Recommended Amplifier: 25W - 200W into 8 ohm on unclipped programme
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 985mm x 190mm x 364mm
- Net Weight: 27.2kg
- Finishes: Black Ash, White